OUR NUTRITIONIST - LISA SURIANO
Lisa Suriano is a certified nutritionist holding a Master's degree in Nutrition and Food Science and specializing in school food service. She worked as both Director of Operations and Team Nutritionist for New York City based private schools and corporate food service companies since 2005. Lisa founded a national nutrition education program, Veggiecation, that introduces 1000s of American children to the delicious world of vegetables.
As a school food service expert, Lisa is on the board of directors as Secretary of the New York Coalition for Healthy School Food, a non-profit that works in partnership with New York City's Department of SchoolFood to improve the health of New York state students. Additionally, she consults for business and college level food service programs, providing menu advisement and sports nutrition guidance for university athletic teams.
Lisa has been featured in a selection of national and regional media, including traditional print and broadcast as well as online news and social media outlets. Featured broadcast segments include NBC Weekend Today in New York and WPIX Morning News, where Lisa shared with viewers healthy, vegetarian recipes and discussed how viewers can incorporate healthy food choices into their diets. Lisa has also made broadcast appearances on The Wendy Williams Show, News 12 Brooklyn, News 12 New Jersey and New York.
Lessing's has been in the food service and hospitality business for over 120 years. Our business is successful because we believe in using the best products and brands. Our standards are second to none when it comes to quality.
Lessing's adheres to the following grading requirements for all graded cuts:
- Beef, Lamb, and Veal shall be USDA Grade Choice
- Poultry (fresh and frozen) shall be USDA Grade A
- Provisions or variety meats shall be USDA Grade #1
- Fresh fish and seafood shall be top grade; frozen fish and seafood must be a nationally distributed brand, packed under continuous inspection of the U.S Department of the Interior
Produce & Dry Goods:
- Eggs - fresh USDA or stated "AA"
- Fresh fruits and vegetables - USDA fancy to USDA number "1" are used for all graded fresh vegetables and fruit
- Dry stored items and canned goods - Grade "A" fancy
- Frozen fruits and vegetables - USDA Grade "A"